Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24 - Icon Magazine

Images of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll as depicted by one of the artists at the forefront of the Pop Art movement were on display at a new exhibition at a Leamington gallery.


Peter Mars’ Elvis Collection consists of four signed limited edition prints which combine a fascinating Warholesque influence with Mars’s unique, punchy style.


Mars, who has been creating Pop Art works for the past 20 years, became captivated by the media phenomenon of Elvis Presley and began exploring Elvis imagery, text and photography, combining these elements into his unique artistic vision.


This imagery caught the attention of Priscilla Presley and Elvis Presley Enterprises, who gave him unrivalled access to iconic photographs of Elvis and a selection of private photographs from their archives.


Mars said: “If I had only Elvis to work on for the rest of my career, he would fill my days. “His legacy is daunting.


Elvis My Happiness


The French Elvis My Happiness fan club released the December 2010 edition of their self-titled magazine. 


(Source: Google / Elvis My Happiness)