Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27 - Elvis Music in New UK Commercial

When you're having fun, sometimes there's no need for words. That's the message behind a new TV commercial featuring the remix version of Elvis Presley's hit song "A Little Less Conversation."


The new ad is for Haven Holidays, a British company that runs holiday parks around the United Kingdom. The commercial features a young boy who is trying to describe to his class what he did on his summer vacation. Elvis' voice provides the perfect soundtrack.



Scotty Moore 79

Scotty Moore, born December 1931, celebrated his 79th birthday.



The Final Financial Update on Myrna Smith's Cremation


Myrna Smith's friend Carole informed fans on the cremation of Myrna Smith. 



Dear All:


As I told you earlier today, the amount we had in Myrna's account (the account at Premier America Credit Union to which the fans have so generously donated) was $1,099.60 & I was hoping it would be enough to cover her cremation if we needed to pay for that.

First I will tell you that neither Myrna's brother (John) nor her son (Martin) came forward to pay for Myrna's final expenses. I received a request from John to give him the money to pay for the cremation. I said I would only pay the money directly to the establishment providing cremation services.

The total amount due to The Alpha Society was $1,110.63 - this amount covers cremation, pick up of the body, completing & filing documents required upon death, and the urn for Myrna's ashes. I made up the small amount we were short & left $9 in the account to cover a monthly service charge of $4.50 for Dec. & Jan. (there is a service charge only when the account drops below the minimum).

Today (12/27/10) I sent our check to The Alpha Society to pay the $1,110.63. I believe Myrna is watching & knows that her Elvis Family was there for her to take care of her final arrangements. I know she appreciates it & loves you very much for all you have done. Bless you all for caring & for being Myrna's true family.

Dear Fans, you are the only ones who were there for Myrna (i) to pay Canyon Oaks so Myrna could stay there & get the care she needed & to pay Myrna's final expenses.

I will keep you informed & let you know if plans are made to somehow celebrate Myrna's life. Two of Myrna's friends have mentioned doing something, we will wait & see.

Sincere thanks to all the fans. My personal thanks also for the sweet Emails I have received. I love you all.

Carole


(Source: EPE / Flaming Star)