Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11 - An Impossible 1961 Gospel Release

The new release by Touchdown Productions announced the release of the CD "Impossible" containing the midnight show from August 28, 1971.

From the press-release:
The previously unreleased recording was taken from a 1st generation copy of the original audience recorded tape. One of the highlights - next to others - is a strong version of "I just can't help believin'" which Elvis only did four times in 1971! The sound-quality is of good quality for an audience recording! As usual the CD will be packaged with a beautiful designed 16-page booklet.

Tracklisting:
Also Sprach Zarathustra, That’s All Right, I Got A Woman, Proud Mary, Sweet Caroline, Polk Salad Annie, Elvis Greets The Audience,  Johnny B. Goode, Impossible, Love Me, Blue Suede Shoes, Heartbreak Hotel, Teddy Bear/Don’t Be Cruel, Hound Dog, Suspicious Minds [band introductions], I’m Leavin’ , I Just Can’t  Help Believin’,Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Can’t Help Falling In Love, Closing Vamp



Elvis California Fall 60/61  And Elvis - The Gospel Album

Two new CDs were announced in the bootleg series. "Elvis California Fall 60/61" is a volume 8 in the bootleg series from the Elvis One label. It contains 15 alternate takes from the "Wild In The Country" sessions.


From the press-release:
Previously unreleased in this quality on CD it includes "Wild In The Country" with maracas overdub, 9 original masters including 6 original mono masters from "Kid Galahad" and a home-recording from 1960, partly recorded with 2 microphones.

CD Tracks: 
1. Lonely Man 2. Wild In The Country 3. I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell 4. King Of The Whole Wide World (mono) 5. This Is Living (mono) 6. Riding The Rainbow (mono) 7. Home Is Where The Heart Is (mono) 8. I Got Lucky (mono) 9. A Whistling Tune (mono) 
Bonus track:
10. Wild In The Country (maracas overdub version) 
Studio outtakes:
11. In My Way (solo, take 3 & 7) 12. I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell (take 4, 5 & 6) 13. Wild In The Country (take 3) 14. Wild In The Country (take 7) 15. I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell (take 10) 16. Wild In The Country (take 8) 17. I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell (take 12 & 17) 18. I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell (master take 13 with count-in) 19. Wild In The Country (take 9) 20. Wild In The Country (take 15, 17 & 18) 21. Wild In The Country (take 19)

Home Recordings
22. You'll Never Walk Alone (incomplete)* 23. If I Loved You* 24. The Lords Prayer* 25. I wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder* 26. An Evening Prayer* 27. Make Believe* 28. She Wears My Ring* 29. Sweet Leilani (#1)* 30. Sweet Leilani (#2)* 31. Sweet Leilani (#3) 32. Beyond The Reef 33. When The Swallows Come Back To Capistrano 34. He 35. Hands Off 36. Lawdy Miss Clawdy 
*recorded with 2 microphones


Elvis: The Gospel Album

Volume 9 in the Bootleg series from the Album One label in "Elvis The Gospel Album". Besides a 12 pages booklet it contains 33 Recordings including complete masters (with count-in and false starts), 6 home recordings, 4 alternate takes, 2 stereo masters from 1957, 4 live recordings and 3 special bonus tracks.

CD Tracks: Studio Masters:
1. If We Never Meet Again* 2. Working On The Building* 3. (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) 4. I Believe In The Man In The Sky* 5. He Knows Just What I Need* 6. It Is No Secret (What God Can Do) 7. Swing Down, Sweet Chariot* 8. Mansion Over The Hilltop (including false start)* 9. Joshua Fit The Battle* 10. I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs* 11. In My Father's House (including workpart take 1)* 12. His Hand In Mine 13. Take My Hand, Precious Lord 14. Known Only To Him (including false start)* 15. I Believe 16. Milky White Way (including false start)*
Private Home Recordings:
17. Just A Closer Walk With Thee 18. I Asked The Lord (version 1) 19. He 20. The Lord's Prayer / An Evening Prayer 21. You'll Never Walk Alone (incomplete) 22. I Asked The Lord (version 2)
Studio Outtakes:
23. He Knows Just What I Need (take 9) 24. Peace In The Valley (take 5, 6 & 8)
Stereo Masters:
25. Peace In The Valley 26. It Is No Secret 
LIVE RECORDINGS
27. Peace In The Valley 28. Swing Down, Sweet Chariot 29. Ave Maria (one line only) 30. What A Friend We Have In Jesus (one line only)
Special Bonus Tracks:
31. Interview excerpt (1957) 32. Interview excerpt (1972) 33. Peace In The Valley (Pearl Harbor Memorial Version) 
*Complete version, including count-in. 


The End Is Near For The Hillcrest House
 
Another 'historic building' will soon be gone. The new owner of the King's famous mansion in Beverly Hills has decided to demolish it and replace it by a new, modern style house. The document below says it all. Elvis bought the home at 1174 N Hillcrest Rd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 for $400,000 in 1967, the same year he married Priscilla.


(Source: FECC / ElvisMatters)