Saturday, December 19, 2015

December 19 - Weekend Charts

The Top 5 UK Albums for the week ending December 18, 2015:

1 Adele - 25 (376,716)

2 Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream (121,488)
3 Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams (119,555)
4 Justin Bieber - Purpose (102,823)
5 Jess Glynne - I Cry When I Laugh (64,515)
75 Elvis Presley - Elvis' 30 No.1 Hits

Total sales to date for “If I Can Dream” to date are 636,194 units. This qualifies the album for a double Platinum Award. The Album was awarded the certification on December 18, 2015. 


Other entries on the UK Charts for the week ending December 18, 2015:

  • 'If I Can Dream' rises from 3 to 2 on the Physical Albums Chart; rises from 14 to 13 on the Download Chart; rises from 3 to 2 on the Album Sales Chart and rises from 97 to 86 on the Album Streaming Chart.
  • 'Elvis' 30 No.1 Hits' drops from 82 to 83 on the Physical Album Chart; rises from 100 to 90 on the Download Album Chart; rises from 78 to 75 on the Album Sales Chart and rises from 99 to 89 on the Album Streaming Chart.
  • 'Artist Of The Century' rises from 84 to 65 on the Album Streaming Chart.
  • 'I Am An Elvis Fan' is a re-entry at 96 on the Album Streaming Chart.
  • 'The King Of Rock 'n' Roll' remains at 36 on the Top Music Video Chart.
  • 'The Elvis Presley Collection' drops from 27 to 46 on the Top Music Video Chart.
  • 'If I Can Dream' rises from 3 to 2 on the Scottish Albums Chart.
  • Elvis' 30 No.1 Hits' drops from 75 to 80 on the Scottish Albums Chart.
  • 'Burning Love' (“If I Can Dream” version) rises from 90 to 85 on the Scottish Singles Chart.
Other European charts

The “If I Can Dream” set climbed from #35 to #29 on the Austrian Album chart.

The “If I Can Dream” set climbed from #93 to #78 on the Swiss Album chart.
The “If I Can Dream” set dropped from #27 to #32 on the Belgian Album chart.
The “ELV1S 30 #1 Hits”  compilation climbed from #48 to #34 on the Beligan Mid-price Album chart. 
The “If I Can Dream” set dropped from #47 to #58 on the Spanish Album chart.
The “If I Can Dream” set climbed from #5 to #4 on the Irish Album chart.
The “The Real … Elvis” set climbed from #85 to #70 on the Irish Album chart.
The “If I Can Dream” set dropped from #5 to #8 on the World Album chart.

Charts Down Under

The "If I Can Dream'" CD climbed from #9 to #7 on the Australian Album chart. 
The "If I Can Dream'" CD climbed from #24 to #21 on the New Zealand Album chart. 
The DVD "Elvis – The King Of Rock ’n’ Roll – 30 Hit Performances And More" dropped from #25 to #31 on the Australian Music DVD chart. 

Vinyl Releases


The vinyl re-issue of "Elvis’ Christmas Album" has been released by the French VPI label.  von „VPI“ europaweit erschienen. It comes with four additional bonus tracks; "Peace In The Valley", "It Is No Secret", "Peace In The Valley" and "I Just Can’t Make It By Myself" from the "Million Dollar Quartet" session.

From the United Kingdom based Vee-Tone Records come two versions of the vinyl EP "Too Much" containing the British HMV Singles ’57 - ’58“ on blue and black 180 GR. vinyl. 

(Source: FECC / Brian Quinn / ACharts / Vee Tone / VPI / The King's World)